Sunday, December 26, 2010

Sharing Your Achievements Magnifies the Significance

Where would we be without the love and support of our family, our friends and our "PEEPS"? I think that's the first time I've ever used the term Peeps, however, I can't think of another word that accurately describes the other people around us that are supportive and appreciated, like our co-workers, teammates, neighbours, etc.

When we accomplish something, it seems to feel more significant if we can share it with someone. Any achievement is more exciting and noteworthy when we share it. I'm not saying that if you don't have anyone to share your achievement with, it is not worth anything, I'm simply saying that it feels good to share.

When you're watching sports and your team scores, it seems natural to high five or hug the people around you. This is not just an occurrence on the sideline, it is multiplied on the field or ice or whatever the playing surface may be. When there is an important play in a game, the players will always slap each other on the back, hug or dog pile in celebration.

When we get a new job or a raise at work, we celebrate with our friends and family. When we graduate from high school or college, we celebrate with our friends and family. When we buy a new home, we celebrate with our friends and family...

I guess I'm not telling you anything you don't already know. It's just an observation in human nature.

I have noticed that when I watch television by myself, as funny as the jokes might be, they are funnier when there is someone else in the room. Even if there is no conversation, I am more likely to laugh out loud. This seems to make it better.

WE are all made up of energy, positive and negative. When we share our accomplishments with others, we are sharing our positive energy. This positive energy will multiply at an alarming rate, so keep sharing, it feels good.

WE is greater than me. (WE>me)

No comments:

Post a Comment