Monday, January 3, 2011

WE is greater than me

“WE>me”
(WE is greater than me)
WE is greater than me. It’s a simple concept really, but I guess I should start by explaining what WE>me is all about:
The math:         “WE” is defined as “oneself and another or others.” This definition basically shows that mathematically, WE will always be greater than me. At least you can never be called a liar when you spread the word.
The Theory:     “WE>me” revolves around teamwork. If WE are willing to work as a team, WE can make anything happen. The concept centres on everyone working together as one. No one person being more important than the whole. Each and every person striving towards the same goal, whatever that goal might be. It doesn’t matter what the situation, if we make “WE” greater than me, anything can be accomplished.
The Quotes:
Terry Fox:        
"Even if I don’t finish, WE need others to continue. It’s got to keep going without me.”

The Dalai Lama:
“WE really need to embrace the concept of the whole world as WE.”
I don’t think I need to remind you what Terry Fox accomplished, but, in this example, it is nice to see what WE have accomplished in the almost 30 years since Terry’s courageous “Marathon of Hope.” WE, in a sense of the whole world, “WE” have raised nearly $500 million. That’s half a Billion dollars all in the name of Terry. As far as the Dalai Lama goes, there is no smarter man when it comes to peace and understanding than he.
Don’t get me wrong, Terry Fox never heard the phrase (WE>me), nor has the Dalai Lama ever called me up and told me he would promote this page. All I’m trying to get across with these two examples is that, they “get it”. They understand that teamwork can make the seemingly impossible, possible.
There are so many examples of “WE” being greater than me. You need not look any further than any championship, any healthy relationship or any success. WE can be a family, a company, a neighbourhood, a union, a marriage, a friendship, a sports team... You get the picture.
Stay Tuned For Never Ending Examples of WE>me. Also, feel free to email me your own examples. Thank you for your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment